- This event has passed.
Active Shooter Response (Intro Class) Non Shooting September Free Training Class 9/17/2019
September 17 @ 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM$10
Part of our Free Handgun Series, this introductory active shooter response course is designed to help students respond appropriately in an active shooter/active threat situation. Specifically, it covers how to recognize the presence of an active threat, the best course of action to take based on individual abilities & location, and the steps individuals must follow when law enforcement arrives. The learner will demonstrate mastery of the following learning objectives:
– Personal Preparedness – Introduction to Active Shooter Incidents
– How to assess one’s own perception of situational awareness
– Responding to an Active Shooter Situation
– Avoiding the Active Threat – Run
– Denying the Active Shooter’s Access to You – Hide
– Defending Yourself Against the Active Shooter – Fight
– What to do when Police Arrive at the Scene
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
– Define Active Shooter Incidents
– Explain how to access one’s own perception of situational awareness
– List & Describe the four responses to an active shooter situation
– Explain what to do when police arrive on the scene
– Utilize resources for further training .
Being proactive in defense of your life and the lives of your loved ones, starts here at Crosshairs Texas. Our staff and instructors are committed to your training and welcome you to come to our entire series of classes offered in downtown Bastrop every month.